Friday 2 March 2012

Legs Eleven

A meme! I didn't even know what one was, I had to look it up.  The lovely Mummy Central tagged me, so not one to pass up a challenge, here goes, without further ado..

11 Things you didn’t know about me

The rules are as follows:
  • You must post these rules
  • Each person must post 11 things about themselves
  • Answer 11 questions the ‘tagger’ listed for you
  • Create 11 new questions, and tag 11 people to answer them
  • Let each blogger know you’ve tagged them

1. I speak 11 languages.

2. Actually I'm kidding, it's only one (other than English)
3. But I'd really like to speak 11 languages, imagine the possibilities...
4. I've lived in three different countries and spent a significant life-changing amount of time in two others
5. I had to share a tent with a man I didn't know very well once...

6. ...and I married him three years later
7. Talking of three, I'm a triplet
8. And we all look the same.
9. Well, actually since I'm the only one with kids I look about ten years older than they do.

10. I creep into my children's rooms at night and whisper I love them in the hope that it works as subliminal messaging.
11. Since I had children I blub at the slightest things, I can't even watch OBEM.


Mummy Central's Questions were:

1. If you could swap lives with someone for a day, who would you choose?
David Cameron, no honestly, I would, just to see what it was like.
 2. What is the most important thing you’ve lost?
Love
3. You win a million in the Lottery. What’s the first thing you’d do?
Figure out who to give some to and how much
4. How many Facebook friends do you actually speak to on a regular basis?
Um, five?
5. What was your biggest misconception about motherhood/fatherhood?
That it would be easy, pah!
 6. What is the most important thing blogging has taught you?
That there are lots of us out there sharing the same experiences
 7. Who’s your hero – and why?
My husband. Because he's unflinchingly principled and honest. And someone once said he looked like Tom Cruise.
8. If you could choose to be reincarnated as an animal, which one would you be?
An eagle
9. What’s your best moneysaving tip?
Do you really need to buy that. Really?
10. What advice would you give yourself, if you could go back 20 years in time?
In twenty years time most of this won't matter.
11. What’s your biggest pet hate?
Rudeness.

Ok, so now it's YOUR turn

1. The very funny http://www.midthirtieslife.com
2. The hugely entertaining http://northernmum.wordpress.com/
3. The feisty http://onefeistymama.wordpress.com/
4. The very busy http://chickensinpeckham.wordpress.com/
5. Right back at yahttp://www.mummycentral.com/
6. The hugely readable http://mothersalwaysright.wordpress.com
7. The excellent http://holliesmiths.blogspot.com
8.  The got-a-book-out-you've-gotta-read-if-you've-got-a-toddler http://joannemallon.typepad.com
9. yeah I know, it's not 11, but if I don't post now I never will...


With these questions:


1. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
2. How long before you shouted at your kid(s) today?
3. Are you a three-night wine ban household or a wine-all-week-keep-it-flowing?
4. To middle name or not to middle name?
5. What's your favourite kids' dessert?
6. To live in a houseboat on an estuary... what's your dream place to live?
7. Neighbours or Home and Away?

8. Wolverine or Captain Jack Sparrow?
9. When the sun comes out you...
10. If I wasn't a [insert career] I'd be...
11. Smile, and the world smiles with you... :-)

5 comments:

  1. OK, now I want to hear more about the tent story...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So is that how you met? In a tent? I think I need to hear more too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto. How did you come to share a tent with a man? (And I'm very happy he didn't turn out to be an axe-murderer, so you married him!)
    And triplets eh? Would love to hear more about them? Are you all very close? Do you feel each other's pain?
    Thanks for doing this x

    ReplyDelete
  4. deserves a post all of its own...will give it some thought!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna we're very close, yes, we don't feel each other's pain, not physically, anyway...It's a bit like having kids, you know that all-consuming love you feel and huge sense of wanting to protect them and wanting them to be happy? I feel the same about my sisters.Am actually writing a book about it, so we'll see if it sees the light of day!x

    ReplyDelete